7 Outdoor Tree Lighting Ideas for Christmas
Christmas is a time for family, friends, and of course, decorations! One of the most fun parts of decorating for Christmas is lighting up your home with festive holiday lights. There are so many different ways to light up your house for Christmas-from simple white lights to more elaborate and colorful designs. You can also add extra lighting around your yard or patio to really set the mood for the holidays. So get creative outdoor tree lighting ideas and start planning for Christmas today!
With so many different ideas out there, it can be hard to decide which ones are right for your home. Here are 7 outdoor tree lighting ideas to help you plan perfect for Christmas:
- Choose a color theme: There are so many different colors and styles of lights available-from traditional red and green to more modern neon or pastel hues. Pick a color scheme that fits in with the rest of your decorating style, or create a fun holiday party atmosphere by mixing and matching bright colors.
- Decide if you want something simple or elaborate: With all of the different designs and shapes out there, it can sometimes be tricky to know how much effort you want to put into your lighting design. If you’re opting for a simpler design, you may want to stick with basic white lights or classic garland. If you want something more elaborate, there are tons of different shaped and colored string lights, as well as other types of holiday lighting options.
- Add extra lighting around your yard or patio to really set the mood for the holidays: There are many different ways to light up the outside of your house-from simple white lights wrapped around tree trunks and bushes to elaborate displays using thousands of tiny LED bulbs. You can also add up lighting under trees or arches, or even place candles inside lanterns on your front porch or in your windowsills. The sky’s the limit when it comes to decorating the outside of your house for Christmas!
- Group lights together in patterns and designs, or spread them out across your yard at random: If you have a larger house or yard, it’s fun to create a pattern using lighting by spacing them out evenly so that they look like lines of color stretching from one end of the property to the other. You can also leave some areas un-lit and light up others for extra drama. There are no set rules when it comes to designing with Christmas lights, so play around with different layouts until you find something you love!
- Use larger bulbs or bulb clusters if you want more impact on a smaller space or tree: Bigger doesn’t always mean better, but when it comes to putting up holiday lights, it often does. If you have a smaller space to work with or a tree that’s on the shorter side, using larger lights can help make your display look more dramatic and impactful.
- Add lights underneath door arches or railings for extra interest: Walkways and porch steps are great places to add lighting-just wrap them around the edges and use larger bulbs if possible. You can even include garland in this area for an extra pop of color!
- String lights across fences or railings for an extra layer of holiday cheer: Another great place to add festive lighting is along fences or railings, both inside and outside the yard perimeter. This helps highlight the property areas without taking over too much space.